Preparing for a Move in San Diego?
Here’s How to Know How Many Movers You Will Need
Moving can be a stressful and time-consuming endeavor. Before the day comes you will have to make important decisions that will impact your moving process. You will have to think about the number of boxes and packing supplies you will need, the professional moving company you will hire, and the most crucial decision of all: the number of movers you will need.
When deciding how many movers you need, there are a few things to consider. Hiring too few movers can mean the move takes longer than necessary, while hiring too many may result in unnecessary costs. Generally, most moving companies in San Diego give you the option to choose between two, three, four, or even more if they are staffed and available, but they will first do an in-home estimate to assess the size of the move and then recommend the ideal number of movers.
How to Know the Number of Movers You Need
Knowing how many movers you need for your move depends on several factors. If you are moving an entire household where you may have more than one bedroom, a kitchen, a living room, and a storage area, you are going to realize that you have a decent amount of furniture and boxes that need two or more movers to load and unload.
Below is a rough calculation to give you an idea of the number of movers you may need for your move in San Diego.
- Studio apartment (400-600 SqFt) = 2 movers/2 hours
- 1-2 Bedroom apartment (700-1200 SqFt)) = 2 movers / 3 hours
- 2-3 Bedroom home (1100-1600 SqFt) = 3 Movers / 3-4 hours
- 3-4 Bedroom home (1500-2200 SqFt) = 3 Movers / 4-5 hours
- 4+ Bedroom home (2000-3000 SqFt) = 4 Movers / 4-6 hours
- Mansion or royal palace (3000+ SqFt) = 5-6 Movers / 8-10+ hours
Other Moving Factors to Consider:
- Size and weight of the items
- The distance between the pick-up location and the destination
- The size of the staircases and hallways
- The number of stories in your home
- The number of people available to help
- Packing, assembly, and disassembly
If you are still trying to figure out how many movers you need, contact a professional moving company and discuss your moving plan with them. They will provide you with an estimate of how many movers you will need as well as an estimate of the time and cost of your move. Hulk Movers treats every move as unique, and our team of experienced movers will be able to help you determine the best options for your move in San Diego.